Did you know that besides being a yummy snack filled with vitamins, bananas can be a natural remedy to fight against acne and wrinkles? Don't worry, I had no idea either. When buying products over the counter, you can't pronounce even half of the ingredients on the back. I have always been drawn to more natural methods, so when I discovered this I had to share it.
Bananas are able to fight against acne because of the potassim and antioxidants that are within the peel. They have the ability to reduce skin irritation, swelling, redness, and can even reduce the visibility of scars. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
1. Clean your skin and splash warm water on your face to open the pores.
2. Find a ripe banana and eat it (optional)
3. Cut a small piece of the peel that is approximately 1.5 inches
4. Rub the inside of the peel over the irritated area. For best results, rub for 5 minutes (30 seconds to 2 minutes should be sufficient) or just until the peel has browned. Replace and throw away once the peel has turned completely brown.
5. Clean the skin with cold water to help close pores. Let the banana dry out on the affected area to get the most out of the process.
6. Repeat this 3 times a day for best results. You can easily do this less and still have great results depending on how irritated the area has become, but I definitely recommend more than once a day.
It is never too early to start the fight against wrinkles! A banana mask can moisturize and revitalize your skin. It is quick to make and does not have all of the extra chemicals and perfumes.
--- WHAT YOU NEED ---
- 1/2 ripe banana (use the rest for fighting acne)
- 3 tablespoons yogurt (will exfoliate)
- 1 tablespoon honey (will moisturize)
--- HOW TO MAKE IT ---
Take the banana and remove the peel. Then mash the banana with a fork into a small paste. Add in the yogurt and honey and lightly warm the mixture in a saucepan.
(If it turns out runny, add oatmeal flour to bind back together.)
--- HOW TO USE IT ---
Apply the warm mask to your face and neck. Having the mask warm will help to open up your pores, and allow the nutrients and moisture to get deep into your skin. Leave for 20-30 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. Dry your skin with a cool dry towel.
(Always be careful trying new masks on your skin. If you notice any reaction, stop immediately.)